Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Floral Arrangement and a Potter

It's May. Time for flowers.

I picked a tulip out of my parents' yard last week and one of our glass soda bottles (that we apparently collect and display on the stove now) was a perfect vase.

I've started a Harry Potter binge. I saw these screenshot comics the other day and they make me laugh so hard every time I read them. It rekindled my lost love of The Boy Who Lived. For those of you who don't know, when I was the age of a Hogwarts first year, I was a Harry Potter fanatic. I knew spells, I owned Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them AND Quidditch Through The Ages. I regularly purchased Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, I role played (yes...yes I did) on the Harry Potter web forums. I was into it.

While waiting for the release of the 7th book, the fangirl in me withered away, favoring a new wizard named Harry (The Dresden Files) as a supplement. I still saw the films and appreciated them, but it took me one long-ass time to get through Deathly Hallows. Took me two tries, but I finally did it.

Last night, sitting home alone in the dark, baking even though the windows were open and both box fans were running, I read most of and finished The Sorcerer's Stone. This morning I started up Chamber of Secrets and my Harry Potter fix is being sated. I seriously doubt I'll get through all 7 by the time the last movie comes out (July 15th) but being reintroduced to characters that have helped define the person I am today stimulates some part of my brain that I can't identify.

The only downside is that I've seen the first three movies so many times (Memorized them. I was kind of a lonely middle schooler/high schooler) that the inflections of movie lines are penetrating my head when I read dialogue from the books. It gets kind of annoying and I have to re-read lines so that it's my reading of it (because I'm picky about stuff like that, so sue me).

No comments:

Post a Comment