Sunday, June 12, 2011

Second Class

So It's 12:20 in the afternoon on a Sunday. I'm sitting here in the shirt and shorts I slept in, haven't showered since 2 nights ago and Jay is in Lincoln working for Kraft (after coming home from working in Bloomington already). Bein' lazy around here just makes me feel like a douchebag.

I saw X-Men: First Class on Friday night with Jay and our friend Michael. Now, the thing you need to know about seeing comic-based films with Jay is that he will be more than happy to tell you what was accurate or inaccurate about them. However, he will only do so if you ask him what he thought about it (which everyone likes to do because he is our resident Comic Book Guy). So I got to see the movie, enjoy it as a separate entity from the other films and what little X-Men background I have (which is mostly from the films) and then afterwards in the theatre, lobby and parking lot, I drilled him for the lowdown on what was right and wrong.

It's like seeing two movies for the price of one, almost, because I then formulate what would have happened if Hank McCoy hadn't turned blue and furry in this movie (because he really shouldn't have if Hollywood wants to stick to their own canon).

On a scale of 1 to 5, I'll give it a 3.5. I wasn't blown away by the film. The thing I enjoyed most was anything James McAvoy said and...ummm...nope, that's pretty much it. He pretty much made that movie for me. Michael's Fassbender's young Magneto was very well done from an acting standpoint, I have to say. Watching the man before the "dorky-looking helmet" go through his own turmoils before deciding on which path to take as a mutant and a minority was great in rounding out Magneto as a baddie.

Kevin Bacon just threw me for a loop. I enjoy Kevin Bacon, but all I need him to do for me is dance. Say nothing and dance. Or do this commercial

No comments:

Post a Comment