Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tag, You're It

Good bloggers know that it's important to tag your posts. I have been an epic failure at this.

For those of you who aren't familiar with tagging...I'm not either really. But I do know that if you tag (or label) your posts according to what they're about, it makes them easier for people to search for, either within your blog or outside of it.

I used to do this for Holy Matrimony! I even had them organized into subcategories (yes, I was that overreaching). But the more I wrote, the random-er I wrote. My topics were so erratic that I found myself coming up with more tags/labels where the ones I had were "too general."

You know what's weird, though? I have no pressing things to do today. I have class at 5:30 where, once there, I will listen and respond to my classmates reading their papers that we all just wrote. I suppose I could turn my paper into something more readable for next week...or start my global revision for that class...or write some clinical observation reports...or write a reflection about my teaching demonstration yesterday...

Why do my posts turn into a "What I should be doing"? Is it my guilty conscience that gets the best of me? I think part of it comes from a lack of anything substantial or interesting to write about. Well, that's not true. I have lots to say but not always something everyone cares about. I mean, I can only talk about certain things so many times without getting boring.

I know! Maybe I'll figure out a way to post copies of my YA Zombie Literature blog that I had last semester. That had some direction in it. Maybe I could find the most embarassing, *facepalm*-y LiveJournal posts that I've kept and share them with you (with the disclaimer that I am not the same person I was in 2004).

I'll think about it.

Yeah...try coming up with a tag for that post and using it again.

2 comments:

  1. Livejournal!!! Oh lord, I don't even know if mine exists.... I believe you've just spurred me to check.

    Great job with your presentation yesterday! (Did you realize when you got to class that it was your week?) Prepared or not, you did very well. Interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, oh yes Ye Olde LJ is still out there. There are some legitimate writers using it too! I just felt it was time for a change.

    And thank you! Yes, I DID realize that it was my week when I got to class. I pulled a Dan and for some reason thought #1a would be the next week...even though there are 6 sessions and 3 weeks. *rolls eyes* I don't count things, I read stuff lol.

    ReplyDelete