Monday, May 7, 2012

My Fashion Post

I dressed up TWICE this weekend.

And I liked it.

For the last few years I've been a t-shirt and jeans/shorts kinda girl. They're easier and I don't have to keep my legs clenched together when I sit. After 9 months of dressing up 5 days a week for 8 hours or more of that day, looking nice has rubbed off on me (I say that sitting here in plaid shorts, a tank and a gauzy top...still an upgrade from high school).

Last weekend I confessed to some friends that I follow a few fashion blogs. You wouldn't think so looking at me, but it's true. My favorites are Kendi Everyday, EmilyAnneStyle, A Pretty Penny, and Yours Truly, x. Every single one of them is a powerful woman, an excellent writer and a snappy dresser.

On Saturday we went to a wedding. And we looked good.





The watch, tie and fancy shirt do it for me every time.







He doesn't believe it, but he really is that handsome. Shall I pour on some more sap?





Dress: Target
Bag: Target
Belt: Thrifted
Necklace: Jay found the charm randomly and I found a cord for it
Shoes: Can't see them but they're from Target





Probably the first picture of us together since our wedding...in October.





Continue to follow this blog (I have a GREAT idea for a new comic...retail-centered...you'll love it) but I've started another one: "Poetry is Lame": A Poetry Blog which will be updated on a regular basis.

1 comment:

  1. J's shirt really did start out blue lol. didn't know your charm was a random find that you found a cord for! very handy of you :) it's nice to know the story behind your outfit -- you looked great at justi's wedding reception<3

    take care,
    -ash

    ReplyDelete