Thursday, January 17, 2013

Positive Notes

I was out from school most of this week. The flu got to me. Note to self: Get the flu shot. Always. Get. The flu shot.

In trying to think more positively (and when you're a teacher out sick, it's HARD to think positively), I'll share with you one of the more "smiley" moments of my forced weekend:

Greedo was my constant guardian while I lived on the couch staring into the watery abyss of my humidifier (okay, so I caught way up on "Parenthood," sue me).

I was having a sandwich and some ginger ale yesterday when he stretched out in my lap. I set my sandwich down on the coffee table.

He carefully reached out...placed his paw on the table...

...and fell asleep.

I kid you not, that cat is 100% asleep. He strove for the gold and then gave up. There's even HAM in that sandwich! HAM!

I feel like there's an allegory in there somewhere, but I just can't reach it. It's like a ham and cheese sandwich and I'm a sleepy kitty.

Going to back to school tomorrow only to leave again and head to a conference: "Reducing Recurring Behavior Problems with Difficult, Disruptive and Non-Compliant Students: Strategies that Work." They probably could have come up with a snazzier title, but I love the honesty it invokes:
"Do you have some jerky kids in your classroom?"
"Omigod yes!"
"Then YOU need to come down to Springfield and learn how to help them be useful and awesome people!"
"On my way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment