Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm Trapped Inside...

Well...mostly. There was quite a winter storm last night, in case you haven't heard. I could get my car out of the parking lot if I absolutely had to. This category contains (in order from most to least likely to persuade me):
1) Justin Bieber horde
2) Zombie horde
3) Fire
4) Insect infestation

While those things aren't happening for the time being, I figured I could best waste my time by explaining a bit about my situation.

I am 21 years old, living in an apartment a short distance away from my college campus. I am a senior English education major. I live with my fiance, Jay and our roommate, Garret. My fiance and I both work at Target for the time being. Jay is one semester away from getting his degree and teaching certificate in Art and Garret is a graduate student in information technology.

My immediate family lives 25 minutes to the north in a small town, and Jay's family lives an hour away in a similar town. We like to visit both on occasion...we also like to do laundry there because it doesn't cost $2.50 to do so.

Zombie literature and culture is probably my most favorite thing in the world. For my senior seminar paper, I will be doing a global revision of a paper I wrote a year ago on the different manifestations of the apocalypse stemming from an Old English poem that I had to translate for the assignment (oh yeah...I can do that shit). You wanna talk zombies? I can talk zombies.

Chances are that I'll forget half the things I just said to save myself time in later posts and post them again and again. But if you read this one, you get to skip over those bits. Aren't you lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment