Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Rather Desultory Post

This morning has been intensely random. I've done things that don't make sense for me to do. For instance: I painted my nails. BOTH SETS! That's not a thing I normally do, and will probably take the polish off of my fingernails within the next 48 hours.

I was reading a new book called The Search for WondLa and on the cover, the main character has her hair done in the most fantastic way.

No, I didn't do the Princess Leia spirally things, but I really dug the fishtail braids.

Fishtail braiding is something I never thought I could achieve with my hair. Sure it's long enough and it's definitely straight enough, but it takes for-ever.

What the hell, while I'm procrastinating in every other facet of my day, I'll give it a go. One YouTube tutorial later, I came out with this:













It took maybe 20 minutes to a half an hour to do both and I think they turned out pretty well! It is really easy and once you do it a million times (and by the end of it it feels like a million) you start to really get the hang of it.

Have a close up!

My family is taking me out to eat for my birthday (which is on Wednesday) and I've been basically killing time until then.

I could be working on:
a) Global revision for Eng 300
b) 7-10 page paper about self-punishment, also for Eng 300
c) One of three observational reports for Eng 297
d) One of five unit lessons, also for Eng 297
e) Reading The London Merchant for Eng 327
f) Anything even remotely more productive than braiding my hair. Which would be just about anything.

After family time (and laundry time because, let's face it, free laundry is pretty fantastic) I may go see Red Riding Hood with a friend of mine for frees at the theatre where my sister works.

Have a happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment