Tuesday, March 1, 2011

MultiPass

When I was a kid, I remember The Fifth Element being on TV a lot. But I always came in on my parents watching it and it was halfway through the movie. I had no idea why there was a tall blue lady singing opera/techno-pop while this angry orange-haired chick beat up aliens, but I knew that I liked it.


Several years later, I have 2 DVD editions of the movie (one just the film and one special edition that was made when they realized everyone loves The Fifth Element), a book adaptation (that's god-awful and reads like a 12-year-old watched the movie as he wrote it, and the soundtrack.

The soundtrack is on my iPod which I mostly listen to during my commute to school and the town 40 minutes away where I do my clinical observations this semester. One of the songs (dubbed "Akta" after what Leeloo says to Korben in the cab once the police have caught up with them) is super fun to listen to while driving.

I really wish it went into the song directly after that when Korben is speeding through the New York of the future in his beat-up cab, throwing out quips like, "Look, lady I only know two languages: English and Bad English." That song is very up-beat and has words in some language other than English, but it's fun and would really fuel that part of me that wants to be in either a space ship or a car chase whenever I'm driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment